We must fight in all ways available to us--from CBA (collective bargaining agreement) negotiations, to union policy, to advocacy work--for what we believe is right:
- Stage managers and actors are workers, who do work that has societal and economic value.
- All workers deserve a fair wage, and that the fairest wage is a living wage.
- All workers deserve to labor in a safe and sanitary environment.
- Safety goes beyond the lack of physical danger, but extends to psychological safety as well.
- Racism, misogyny, ableism, and classism are systemic, create unsafe working conditions, and must be addressed and rectified.
- Being a caregiver should not be incompatible with being a stage manager or actor.
- Stage managers and actors matter, deserve to be listened to, and treated with dignity and respect in their workplaces.